Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid （阿莫西林+克拉維酸)
- Other names 別名：Co-Amoxiclav
- Common trade name(s) 常見牌子: Augmentin
- Usage 效用：Antibiotics 抗生素
Augmentin is a prescription drug, a common antibiotic from the penicillin group. It is used for bacterial infections such as community-acquired pneumonia, urinary tract infections, and lower respiratory tract infections This drug contains amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
Common side effects
- If allergic or sensitive to penicillin antibiotics (rash, itching), avoid taking this drug.
Who Cannot Take
- People allergic to penicillin/amoxicillin/clavulanic acid
- People who had liver diseases when taking this drug (e.g. jaundice)
- People who have severe renal disease
Cautions with Other Medicine/Food
- Methotrexate (Anticancer drug and drug for rheumatic diseases)
- Tetracycline (Antibiotic)
- Warfarin (Anticoagulant)
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category B: Either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a foetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the 1st trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters).
Drug labels and icons
- 請完成整個療程 i)___療程天數 ii)直至DD-MM-YY
- Complete the whole course i) __ days of treatment ii) until DD-MM-YY