Glyceryl Trinitrate （硝酸甘油）
- Other names 別名 : Nitroglycerin
- Common trade name 常見牌子 : Glyceryl Trinitrate Tab, Nitrolingual Spray
- Usage 效用 : relieve／prevent angina (chest pain) 紓緩心絞痛
Glyceryl Trinitrate is used to stop or prevent an angina attack (chest pain caused by angina pectoris). This drug is only used in case of an emergency. It is not meant to be taken regularly.
Common side effects
Dizziness, low blood pressure, flushing
How to use:
When you are having an angina attack/ or if you are about to do something that you know may trigger cause an angina attack:
- Sit down or lay down
- Place 1 tablet or spray 1 puff under your tongue. Do not chew or swallow. It should relieve the chest pain within 5 minutes
- If the chest pain has stopped, spit out or swallow the tablet
- If the chest pain persists after 5 minutes of taking the drug, repeat the dose
- If the chest pain still persists after the third dose, call 999 immediately
- Continue to take the drug while waiting for help
Notes to the use of spray：
- Before you use a new bottle, spray 5 puffs into the air
- If you have not used it for more than 7 days, spray 1 puff into the air before use
- If you have not used it for more than 4 months, spray 5 puffs into the air before use
Precautions for storage：
- Store the tablets in the original amber bottles to protect the drug from light
- When carrying the drug, do not put it in the pockets of your clothes. It should be placed away from your body, like in your bag or purse.
- Store the drug in a dry and cool place. Do not place the drug in the fridge.
- The sublingual tablets should be discarded 8 weeks after first opening the container. You may wish to note the opening date on the packing for reference.
Who Cannot Take
- People who are taking PDE-5 Inhibitors such as Sildenafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil, Tadalafil (drugs for treating male erection problems
- Recent brain injury causing increased intracranial pressure
- People who have severe anaemia
Cautions with Other Medicines/Food
- Cannot be taken together with PDE-5 inhibitors such as Sildenafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil, Tadalafil (drugs for treating male erection problems)
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category B: Either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a foetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the 1st trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters).
Drug labels and icons
- 需要時 When necessary
- 舌下含服 Allow to dissolve under the tongue
- 儲存在陰涼乾燥地方 Store in a cool, dry place
- 免受陽光照射 Protected from sunlight
- 在開啟包裝8個星期後丟棄 Discard 8 weeks after opening