- Other names 別名：Chlorphenamine
- Common trade name(s) 常見牌子: Piriton
- Usage 效用：relieves runny nose and symptoms of allergies 收鼻水、紓緩敏感症狀
Chlorpheniramine is a first generation H1 antagonist (antihistamine), usually used to relieve runny nose and symptoms of allergies, such as itching and rash. Chlorpheniramine only relieves symptoms, but does not cure the underlying diseases.
Common side effects
Drowsiness, constipation, diarrhoea, nausea
- It may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate heavy machinery. Avoid alcohol when taking chlorpheniramine.
Who Cannot Take
Cautions with Other Medicines/Food
- Tranylcypromine, phenelzine （MAOI, antidepressants）
- Phenytoin (anti-epileptic drug)
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category C: Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the foetus (teratogenic or embryocidal or other) and there are no controlled studies in women or studies in women and animals are not available. Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the foetus.
Drug labels and icons
- 需要時 When necessary
- 口服 Take orally
- 有睡意 May cause drowsiness
- 如受到影響切勿駕駛或者使用重型機器 If affected do not drive or operate heavy machinery