Ferrous Sulphate （硫酸亞鐵）
- Other names 別名：Ferrous gluconate and Ferrous fumarate contains ferrous but not same as Ferrous Sulphate. All of them may be called iron tablet
- Common Trade name(s) 常見牌子：Iron-200, Ferasul, Super-Fe
- Usage 效用：Treats and prevents iron-deficiency anaemia, supplement iron during pregnancy 治療和預防缺鐵性貧血、懷孕時補充鐵質
Drug labels and icons 藥物標籤及其圖標 : 口服 Take orally
Ferrous sulphate, commonly known as iron tablets, is an iron supplement. Since iron is essential for blood production, the lack of iron will cause iron-deficiency anaemia. Excessive blood loss, pregnancy and lack of iron intake within daily diet can cause iron-deficiency anaemia.
Common side effects
Constipation, abdominal pain, black stool
- Taking the drug after meals can reduce stomach upset.
- Some medications need to be taken separately with ferrous sulphate, so it is best to separate the time of intake of ferrous sulphate and other medications.
Who Cannot Take
Cautions with Other Medicine/Food
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category : Not Assigned