- Common trade name(s) 常見牌子 : Apo-zolpidem Tartrate, Zolpidem Sandoz Tablets
- Usage 效用：Treats insomnia 治療失眠
Drug labels and icons 藥物標籤及其圖標 : 口服 Take orally / 睡前服用 Take before sleep / 有睡意 may cause drowsiness
Zolpidem is a sleeping pill used to treat insomnia. It allows people to fall asleep more quickly and reduces the likeliness of waking up during night.
Common side effects
Drowsiness, dizziness, headache
- Avoid long term use, Do not stop medication abruptly after long term use.
- Report if you experience complex sleep disorders, such as sleep-walking or sleep-driving.
- Avoid alcohol while taking the medication.
Who Cannot Take
- People who experienced complex sleep disorders after taking zolpidem or eszopiclone, such as sleep-walking and sleep-driving
Cautions with Other Medicine/Food
- CNS depressants e.g. fentanyl, tramadol, cetirizine, gabapentin, pregabalin, scopolamine, codeine, morphine
- Sedatives e.g. sodium oxybate, meperidine
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category C: Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the foetus (teratogenic or embryocidal or other) and there are no controlled studies in women or studies in women and animals are not available. Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the foetus.