- Common trade name(s) 常見牌子: Pantoloc
- Usage 效用：Lowers stomach acid 抑制胃酸
Drug labels and icons : 口服 Take orally / 延遲釋放 pantoprazole 整粒吞服，勿咬嚼 / Delayed release pantoprazole: swallow in whole, do not chew
Pantoprazole is a type of PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor). It is used for lowering stomach acid, acid reflux, Helicobacter pylori infection, stomach ulcer and other stomach related diseases.
Common side affects
Abdominal pain, headache, diarrhoea.
- Look if the drug needs to be swallowed whole (e.g. Delayed or sustained release forms cannot be chewed).
- This can be taken before or after meals.
Who Cannot Take
Cautions with Other Medicine/Food
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole, fluconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole
- HIV drugs such as rilpivirine
- Methotrexate (anticancer drug or drug for rheumatic diseases)
- Digoxin (cardiovascular drug)
- Escitalopram (antidepressant)
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Category B: Either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a foetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the 1st trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters).